Planning for the future is an essential part of responsible wealth management, and without a sound and reasoned out plan for your assets, your passing may result in significant mishandling of your holdings. Capable management can help to preserve assets and guide the manner in which your estate is distributed to beneficiaries, helping you to plan both for the present and for the future.
In order to ensure that your wishes for your heirs and estate are legally enforceable, you need the assistance of a qualified legal professional. An attorney can help to foresee and prevent a variety of legal obstacles and issues that may arise, as well as protect the rights and needs of all parties involved so that your will is carried out according to your desires.
Traditional Estate Planning
Almost any individual can benefit from insightful estate planning services seeking to protect their wealth and assets, allowing them to make arrangements for the financial ramifications of major events such as marriage, disability, and death. Our firm offers a wide range of traditional services, including the following:
- Will preparation, and the preparation of revocable or irrevocable trusts
- Planning for disability
- Prenuptial agreements
- Managing marital trusts for spouses who are not American citizens
Beyond traditional services, some individuals are in need of more sophisticated estate management. Business owners, executives, owners of real estate, physicians, and other high net worth individuals can benefit greatly from specific and specialized planning services such as the following:
- Asset protection measures
- Transition planning for assets and entire businesses
- Utilizing tax-efficient gifting strategies in order to transfer wealth more effectively
- Information and counsel on the benefits of forming a family limited partnership
- The formation of descendant trusts
- The development of charitable giving strategies
The administration of a trust or estate requires careful attention to detail and an in depth understanding of the specialized issues concerning each unique estate. Executors and trustees can all benefit from experienced legal guidance, and our attorneys can assist you in any of the following ways:
- Preparation of estate and gift tax returns
- Advising the executor of an estate or trustee of a trust
- Providing legal counsel and representation in any controversies involving a trust or estate
- Advising taxpayers on how to best manage estates in order to efficiently handle all manner of estate, gift, and income taxes
If you or someone you know wants help with Estate Planning concerns, we can help craft any trusts, partnerships, and wills necessary to carry out your needs. Contact the attorneys of Young, Cotter & Meade, LLC, today at (337) 376-2813 today to speak with a qualified member of our professional legal staff and learn more about what we can do for you.